Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to jump in (like this enthusiastic penguin ) and give. Your help ensures the continuation of our advocacy and education work on behalf of California’s over 5 million Medicare beneficiaries.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
- "I just wanted to say thank you for all you do and for all that CHA helps us with. We function much better as an organization knowing we have you and all of the CHA team for support and especially resources."— Maria Profeta, Stanislaus County HICAP Program Manager
- “I want to compliment your organization on the quality of the fact sheets and informational materials on your website. I think they are among the most accurate and clearly written materials on Medicare (and Medi-Cal) available anywhere.”— Dr. David Armes
- “Our clients would otherwise be so distracted taking notes if not for being reassured in advance that we will send them home with CHA's clear, concise Medicare Fact Sheets. In doing so, they can focus on their discussion with the Counselor. We minimize the risk that the client may leave the office with hand-written notations that lack accuracy or might not make sense later.”— Tamara McKeeMonterey County
- “The value of the CHA Fact sheets to our HICAP program is huge. Counselors can get current information and data figures, the fact sheets are easy to read, finding the answers needed is easy with the wonderful index. The fact sheets also help our Medicare clients by giving them information they can rely on to be correct and current and written in an manner they can understand. Our clients like to have something in hand to remind them of all the information they just heard and the fact sheets fit that bill perfectly.”— Debbie ShallyHICAP Program Manager, Sonora
- California Health Advocates (CHA) is an invaluable resource for our Contra Costa HICAP (SHIP) program. This organization supports HICAP statewide in numerous ways. We have used CHA for training new volunteer counselors, for providing our first-line resource materials primarily through their fantastic fact sheets, and for very important technical research as they look up applicable federal governmental regulations about very complicated matters. This latter service is greatly appreciated because those of us who work in the field are dealing with the immediate needs of clients and don’t have the time to pore through government regulations.— Ruth AtkinHICAP Program Manager, Contra Costa County
- “We use the CHA fact sheets as our working reference material. There isn't a day that goes by when we don't refer to a fact sheet and give pertinent ones to our clients. They are a godsend for our program.”— Ruth AtkinHICAP Program Manager, Contra Costa County