Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to jump in (like this enthusiastic penguin ) and give. Your help ensures the continuation of our advocacy and education work on behalf of California’s over 5 million Medicare beneficiaries.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
- “The CHA fact sheets are an invaluable tool for our HICAP in terms of training both new and experienced volunteers and staff, including agency staff from other programs, on a variety of topics related to Medicare and long-term care insurance. We also utilize these fact sheets when providing in-service trainings to other agencies and providers serving older adults and people with disabilities. In addition, our counselors rely on them when providing one-on-one counseling to Medicare beneficiaries or to persons who hold or are interested in long-term care insurance policies. Counselors use the fact sheets to help beneficiaries understand their options in specific circumstances, such as those who may be eligible for limited income programs, veterans, and/or those who are still working and have other coverage. In a typical year, we can approximate that we use somewhere between 10,000-20,000 of the CHA fact sheets. These fact sheets are usually the first materials to be updated when there are changes that need to be made and they are absolutely critical in helping our HICAP to fulfill our mission of educating and providing advocacy to Medicare beneficiaries. Many thanks for all that you do!”— Debbie ReedHICAP Program Manager, Santa Cruz/San Benito Counties
- — George StarkyResident Service Coordinator
- “Thank you again for being our guest speaker…. The information you gave regarding Medicare fraud was both enlightening and frightening. We are all aware of the fraud perpetuated by unscrupulous parties, but I had no idea of the scope and organization the fraud; especially involving the ethnic communities. I would like to call on you to speak at other community meetings; I will be in touch!”— Alex E, Co-chairCommunity Housing Coalition, California Adult and Aging Commission
- “New to Medicare clients are often quite articulate and organized but overwhelmed with all the advertising material they receive in the mail. When I show them the fact sheets, it's as if the heavens opened up. The charts and fact sheets are wonderful tools that help clarify and make sense of all the complicated details surrounding Medicare.”— Alameda County HICAP Counselor
- “For the record, the rave reviews of your presentation which started immediately after you left, continued through the lunch hour. . . and again at this week's meeting.... On behalf of "The View" (and myself), thank you again for your thought-provoking and informative presentation.”— Corinne S.Programming Volunteer for “The View”
- “Thank you for providing an outstanding training to our counselors and staff on Medicare fraud and abuse. Your stories and discussion on what’s happening out there in the world of crimes against Medicare really opened our counselors’ eyes to what is happening in our own backyard and gave them a greater appreciation for the amazing work being done by the Senior Medicare Patrol!”— Debbie Reed,Santa Cruz County HICAP Program Manager