Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to jump in (like this enthusiastic penguin ) and give. Your help ensures the continuation of our advocacy and education work on behalf of California’s over 5 million Medicare beneficiaries.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
- “I just viewed your SMP web page and I must say it is very impressive. I really enjoyed the site and spent much time (3 hours this evening to be exact) learning. It is so good that I will have my English speaking volunteers use it as a training tool. You should receive recognition for such an ‘impressive’ web page!“—Rachanna R.Texas Senior Medicare Patrol, SCOS, Inc.
- “The CHA Fact Sheets are invaluable; I do not know what we would do without them! It would be impossible to counsel and reach the population that we do, if the fact sheets were not available. They provide us with a template in which we base all our sessions on, and with them, we can confidently say to the client that we are providing them with accurate and detailed information, which will guide them into making a decision that is appropriate for them. They are the best thing next to sliced bread!”— Jennifer Tam, San Francisco HICAP Program Manager
- “Thank you again for being our guest speaker…. The information you gave regarding Medicare fraud was both enlightening and frightening. We are all aware of the fraud perpetuated by unscrupulous parties, but I had no idea of the scope and organization the fraud; especially involving the ethnic communities. I would like to call on you to speak at other community meetings; I will be in touch!”— Alex E, Co-chairCommunity Housing Coalition, California Adult and Aging Commission
- California Health Advocates (CHA) is an invaluable resource for our Contra Costa HICAP (SHIP) program. This organization supports HICAP statewide in numerous ways. We have used CHA for training new volunteer counselors, for providing our first-line resource materials primarily through their fantastic fact sheets, and for very important technical research as they look up applicable federal governmental regulations about very complicated matters. This latter service is greatly appreciated because those of us who work in the field are dealing with the immediate needs of clients and don’t have the time to pore through government regulations.— Ruth AtkinHICAP Program Manager, Contra Costa County
- — George StarkyResident Service Coordinator
- “Thank you for coming to our class and sharing your experience with Medicare fraud. The students shared they really appreciated all you shared with them. I believe it is so important for students to get the big picture and have the correct information on current aging issues. You got them off to a good start. Thank you, again, for generously sharing your time with our students.”— Barbara Gillogly, Ph.D., Chair Gerontology Dept., American River College, Sacramento