Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to jump in (like this enthusiastic penguin ) and give. Your help ensures the continuation of our advocacy and education work on behalf of California’s over 5 million Medicare beneficiaries.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
- “Your website is a breath of fresh air...It is very well organized, written, and very helpful. It is also pleasing to the eye when navigating through it. You organized a complicated set of information which the readers can sift through easily and learn. Thank you so much for the wonderful website.”— Cozet C.Clinical Pharmacist Consultant
- “For the record, the rave reviews of your presentation which started immediately after you left, continued through the lunch hour. . . and again at this week's meeting.... On behalf of "The View" (and myself), thank you again for your thought-provoking and informative presentation.”— Corinne S.Programming Volunteer for “The View”
- “Thank you for listening to me…. I will always be grateful that you cared and also that you have helped a lot of other people when you worked so hard to change the injustice that was done to a lot of our seniors.”— Sharon
- “I want to compliment your organization on the quality of the fact sheets and informational materials on your website. I think they are among the most accurate and clearly written materials on Medicare (and Medi-Cal) available anywhere.”— Dr. David Armes
- California Health Advocates (CHA) is an invaluable resource for our Contra Costa HICAP (SHIP) program. This organization supports HICAP statewide in numerous ways. We have used CHA for training new volunteer counselors, for providing our first-line resource materials primarily through their fantastic fact sheets, and for very important technical research as they look up applicable federal governmental regulations about very complicated matters. This latter service is greatly appreciated because those of us who work in the field are dealing with the immediate needs of clients and don’t have the time to pore through government regulations.— Ruth AtkinHICAP Program Manager, Contra Costa County
- “The CHA fact sheets are an invaluable tool for our HICAP in terms of training both new and experienced volunteers and staff, including agency staff from other programs, on a variety of topics related to Medicare and long-term care insurance. We also utilize these fact sheets when providing in-service trainings to other agencies and providers serving older adults and people with disabilities. In addition, our counselors rely on them when providing one-on-one counseling to Medicare beneficiaries or to persons who hold or are interested in long-term care insurance policies. Counselors use the fact sheets to help beneficiaries understand their options in specific circumstances, such as those who may be eligible for limited income programs, veterans, and/or those who are still working and have other coverage. In a typical year, we can approximate that we use somewhere between 10,000-20,000 of the CHA fact sheets. These fact sheets are usually the first materials to be updated when there are changes that need to be made and they are absolutely critical in helping our HICAP to fulfill our mission of educating and providing advocacy to Medicare beneficiaries. Many thanks for all that you do!”— Debbie ReedHICAP Program Manager, Santa Cruz/San Benito Counties